Pages

Monday 3 October 2011

Always think twice and the appreciation project and Myers Sale

Today I browsed in Lovisa which is my favourite jewellery store (no diamonds for me!).  I must have been a Bower bird in a past (I would say magpie as they like reflective things but I have had no urges to swoop people!).  I madly picked up a few things, a yellow bangle, the blue stone ring featured in pic, the orange ring below in silver and another diamonte bug ring.  I then realised that although I had the money for these purchases, I really didnt have the budget for them.  So I thought about what I already had at home - I have a yellow bangle, while not exactly the same its very similar - I have a similar diamonte bug, I dont have a blue rock ring but I also dont really need one for $12.99 (wait for the sales!).  So I plopped them all back where I got them from and walked out. 

After thinking about how close I had been to making these impulse purchases that I would regretted paying full price for, it gave me an idea for a project.  So Wednesday I am going to start a project where I wear every piece of my jewellery collection (not all on one day lol), and appreciate what I have before I buy anymore (eeek, thats a serious committment for me).  Stay tuned!

Today Hubby and I wandered into Myers for a 'browse' and walked out with a new bedding set, towels and a bathmat.  Myers is having an awesome sale at the moment and we got 40% off the Vue doona cover and sheets sets (total of $160 and the are sooo silky) and 40% off the Sheridan towels and bathmat we picked up.  I am so excited about the how nice the towels feel, they were $26 each reduced from $44 each:

Introducing the next generation Sheridan towel. Featuring AIR TWIST™ technology, this towel is luxuriously soft, instantly absorbent and very quick to dry. AIR TWIST™ technology is an intelligent spinning technique that takes 100% cotton yarns and traps them with air. The result is a lightweight luxury towel that feels great but dries faster than any of our towels in the bathroom, on the line and in the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment