Pages

Monday 19 September 2011

Pet Rescue

Six years ago I wanted a puppy, but I knew that there was so many dogs out there that needed homes and I felt so guilty about it!  I cant remember how I even found the Pet Rescue website, but I did and I used to obsessively scour it daily for dogs and there was one that kept popping up. Gidget a chihuahua.x who lived a million miles away in Whyalla at a vets, finally one day it came up on her info that Gidget was running out of time to find a home :-(.  So I rang up dogtainers and paid $100 to get her transported and I paid the vets for her (included desexing and all needles) and I had myself a little Gidget.  She was totally toilet trained and has been a delight, she has pretty much lived with my mum the last five years (long story) and I have been a major advocate of Pet Rescue ever since.

http://www.petrescue.com.au/, they have heaps of ways to help out including volunteering and donating funds.  In a couple of months we are moving out of our apartment and back into our house where we have a huge yard.  Hopefully another Pet Rescue doggie will come and join our family :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment