Pages

Thursday 29 September 2011

Good Deeds, Expansion to the ten pan project and bargain buys!

Today when I was leaving work at lunch, I decided it was a good opportunity to find someone to give my paid parking ticket to since I had paid for all day and it was worth $8.00 still!  In the last month two people have given me their paid parking ticket and I have really appreciated it, so that was my good deed for the day J.

Cotton On: I knew I would get a bargain out of them eventually!  Cotton On have been playing it tough with no sales the last couple of months, while they have had masses of clothes I have been lemming.  I have wanted a jumper like this for ages but they haven’t had any good deals and there was no way I was paying $29.95 when I knew it would go on sale as they do at the end of every Winter.  So yay picked this up for $10!!  Being patient can be frustrating but its part of being frugal and being able to afford to have more nice things.  P.s I strongly suspect that Cotton On are going to start having mass sales soon and all the stock I thought I had missed out will be coming back though the sales (fingers crossed!).
I love Lovisa jewellery http://www.lovisa.com.au/.  It is so cheap and the quality is quite good, the style is very eclectic which is right up my alley.  I had a ‘browse’ through the store and although they had no promotions on, I picked up this necklace for $14.95!  I was actually a bit shocked because I wasn’t going to pick it up at all because I loved it and thought it would be about $30.  This will go nicely with my strapless dresses over Summer.
I have decided to expand my 10 pan project to include skin care items since I do seem to have a huge amount of nearly used cleansers/moisturisers and samples lying around.  thebellelumier has blogged about her ten pan project, this is actually one of my favourite blogs: http://thebellelumiere.net/category/project-10-pan/.  Last night I finished this:


I bought this from Coles for about $9.00 (discontinued), I had been procrastinating about getting a new moisturiser (usually I use Clarins Lotus Oil) so decided to pick this up.  In an effort to use it all up I had been using it every night instead of alternating with my other moisturiser.  I have noticed that my skin seems dryer and fine lines more prominent since using this exclusively. So it’s a no for me on a recommendation – here is blurb about it: Derma intensive+ Q10 Anti-wrinkle Night Cream is specially formulated for all skin types and may help to protect the skin against first signs of ageing. Nourishing and soothing, restoring the skin's firmness and freshness.  Regular usage of Derma intensive+ Anti-Wrinkle night cream may help to minimise the signs of ageing and reduce the appearance of of existing wrinkles and fine lines stimulating the skins natural ability to prevent the appearance of new lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment