Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Does skin care count as personal purchases??

This month is Frugal February. Though in theory I try and practice frugality (or being savings conscious) every month. So this fortnight I did not spend my $100 allowance so was feeling pretty good about things, until I wandered into my local chemist... I really needed Estée Lauder Perfectionist, and they were having a gift with purchase deal - gift with purchases are the reason why I haven't bought any lipstick or eyeshadow for years! The lovely chemist lady pointed out that they had some awesome deals on the 'bargain' table that were Estée Lauder Xmas gift packs reduced to clear. So I ended up getting a bottle of the Perfectionist and the Advanced Night Repair that I was running low on - I got them both plus heaps of extra moisturizers for the price of one Perfectionist $190. I'm wondering does ultimately saving a ****load on skin care be considered frugal. Eek.

1 comment:

FM said...

Ha - I count skincare as an essential purchase & just bite the bullet when good deals appear....my skin doesn't cope well with 'cheap' brands or changing around trying out new ones. Thankfully I'm an estee lauder corporate store member & it's nearby to my work - can pop in there during a lunch break to see what latest bargains they have on sale ;)

Post a Comment