Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

iTunes vouchers and Who What Wear

One of my big 'how to cut expenses' tips and also 'how to cut clutter' tips is iTunes vouchers. Before I started buying music via ITunes, I bought CDs - a lot of them - I haven't bought an actual cd for many years and i currently have three boxes of CDs packed away. Total clutter, and a confronting way to see the amount of money I've spent. Initially I started borrowing CDs from the library and loading them into itunes, which saved a little money, but they don't get every cd in that I want. Initially I was against buying music from iTunes as I felt it was quite expensive considering you don't get a physical cd. Eventually one day I decided I had enough of clutter and decided to start buying music from ITunes. Then one day I discovered that iTunes vouchers were on discount sale at Coles and a lightbulb went off - I could save even more money! Generally i buy the vouchers at 20%, combine that with the slightly cheaper price they are on ITunes I get four albums for the cost of two if I bought instore - that's a pretty good saving. Plus I have no clutter yay :-). I have iCloud on my laptop, iPad and iTunes so the purchased music automatically uploads on all devices, although I do have to sync my iPod to get them on there. To find where to get discount iTunes vouchers check out this website: http://www.giftcardsonsale.com.au/.

Who What Wear Where. As part of my style revamp project, I'm going through all the look books I've put together over the years and reading style guides. I subscribe to updates fromthe Who What Wear website and also have the IPhone app. I also found their latest book What to Wear Where at my local library, it's got some awesome tips and great examples of what to wear to what kind of functions that I decided to buy it! I always have those kind of dilemmas and now I can check the book and see what I like in my wardrobe :-). I ended up buying it from Book Depository (online), I was trying to buy it as an ebook, to save on clutter but it wasn't available. I bought this and a baby book (see baby blog), and funnily enough the price at Amazon was exactly the same including delivery price to the Book Depository full price cost (book depository has free shipping), I went with BD because their shipping was faster. My next post will be about this weeks allowance purchases, which combined with this officially make me a frugal February fail in terms of personal purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment