Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

My life is a festival - style revamp - part 1

I have been on maternity leave for over two months and plan to be for another three months. You can read all about my baby journey on my other blog Oooh Baby Baby! Being on leave from work for so long has created a style dilemma. Let me start a bit of a long story, when I was deciding on what to do for a career I did a lot of researching. I read lots of self help books and really thought long and hard about what would make me happy. What I decided was I wanted to contribute to society, not to the profit of a company, I didn't want to work weekends and I didn't want to wear a uniform. So I started a career in Government and have worked in lots of different roles in the public service over the years. I have to be honest, I love dressing up for work - high heels, accessories, clothes - the whole deal. Sometimes planning my outfit motivates me more than the actual work for the day!

So fast forward to today, I have not dressed up for work for over two months and I'm really starting to feel it. My work clothes are completely divorced from my weekend wear. Basically my weekend wear is very casual, and I have come to the realization that a majority of my casual wardrobe is festival wear! I'm basically dressing to go to a festival every day now, shorts and singlets, sleeveless short summer dresses and playsuits. Of course a lot of my wardrobe at the moment is dictated by the tropical north Australia climate I live in. When I lived in a colder climate my casual wardrobe was more jackets, jeans, dresses and tights.

I don't want to look like I'm going to a music festival EVERY day, I would like to dress up a little on my casual wardrobe. So I need to firstly figure out what I have in my wardrobe and secondly figure out what my dressy casual style is! Last year I downloaded an iPhone app called Closet, I photographed all my clothes and it was a fantastic app to remind myself what was in my wardrobe and also what I had worn as you can attach the photos you wore to the calendar. But late last year we had a prolonged move and with moving, renovating and preparing for baby I stopped adding the new clothes into the app. So starting tomorrow I am pulling out my wardrobe and adding everything into the app. I'm also going to pull out all the look books I have put together over the years of styles I like and start researching! Maybe exploring my wardrobe will help slow down my shopping purchases!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment