Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

Leopard print style tips and sales vs frugality the tug of war continues

I love the website Who What Wear, I get email updates, I have the app and I am also contemplating buying their style book ( I have currently borrowed it from the library). They recently blogged about how to work the leopard print look. I heart the leopard print which my hubby isn't NOT a fan of, I think a little bit because my mum also rocks the leopard print look lol. I already have a lot of leopard print but this week I also added a pair of jeans and shorts - both from Jay Jays and both on sale - a total of $57 for both, I also chucked in the flower print shorts that we're $20. It's really hot where I live so I can never get enough shorts. Although lately I have been really struggling with the casualness of my everyday wardrobe and will blog about that soon.

This week was a semi tough week, and it kinda shows with the extra shopping purchases I have made when I am trying to practice frugality. On a good note though I have successfully stuck to the budget in every other aspect - just not with clothes :-(. I also bought this mimco pouch, as a mimco collective member I received a $50 credit which I used to buy the pouch - I had to pay the extra $20 and the ten dollars shipping fee as there is no Mimco where I live now. This Mimco pouch will come in handy with baby bags and when I am going for a walk with the pram and only need a pouch to chuck my phone, keys and some $$.

One last confession - I bought this sequin dress from sportsgirl, I've had my eye on this dress for ages - at $199 I had absolutely no intentions of ever actually buying this dress but today I found it on the sale rack for $59.95- I had Baby G with me so couldn't try it on as she had her squirmy hat on, so I grabbed the medium - as pretty much all I own is medium size. Well turns out its a little bit big, only a little though and they didn't have a small - and who knows the small might of been to small. I think I can get away with it being a little loose and if I waist belt it, it looks really nice. On a related note to the photo I have taken of the dress, I need a dress mannequin! It would make taking photos a lot easier and of showcasing outfits as well. But that's a purchase definitely low on the priority list.

No comments:

Post a Comment