Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

Book club and Ebooks

Recently I borrowed Strictly Confidential by Roxy Jacenko from the library. This book is a thinly disguised memoir, which of course makes it more fun to read! I really enjoyed this book and read it very quickly, however, it was no devil wears prada. It seems to be set up so there will be a series of books around the main character, but to be honest I'm not sure how interested I would be in reading an ongoing story about the character.

I use my IPad to read Ebooks, I use the Kindle app and get books from Amazon. I also read magazines on my iPad via the Zinio app. To be honest I love the feel of a book and a magazine, but I am just so tired of the clutter. I dont have alot as I am able to get most of the books i want from the library, and im also pretty tight on forking out $$ for books - i read the Amazon reviews for a book very very closely! Ebooks are like iTunes - not really that cheap considering the sellers don't have to manufacture the book, ship it etc. I have a lot of makeup books but wanted Scott Barnes About Face for awhile. I was really indecisive about wether I wanted to pay the extra $15 to buy the hard copy to sit on my shelf or to just get the Ebooks. Eventually I decided to just get the Ebook - that way I have the added bonus of having a makeup book on my iPad that I can travel with and access easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment