Pages

Thursday 30 August 2012

Denim Jacket Blues

I have always wanted a denim jacket, for some reason have never bought one!  I was obssessed with Sass and Bides 'Funky Thompson' denim jacket aBout seven years ago, but never ended up loving it enough to spend the couple of hundred bucks at the time.
Because Sass and Bides Funky Thompson jacket is so old, the only photos I could find on Google were ebay selling photos!
This is from a defunct blog so I wont bother putting up a credit.  But thank you very much because this photo really helped me in my search for my denim jacket :-D.
Miranda Kerr with a dark wash jacket :-).  This is the look I am after, 

Keira and her light wash jacket.  I am not loving this.
But now I am obsessed again, I think because I have been seeing it a bit on celebrities and since I need a jacket because I am returning to colder weather - perfect excuse to buy one.  There are not to many instore at the moment, I found some at DottiPortmans and Jeans West.  All were priced between $80 to $90 and none of them I particularly liked.  And then there was the dilemma of what shade of denim did I want, bleached, washed out, vintage, dark?  EEEEEEK.  So after a lot of research (I mean ALOT of internet research I decided that I wanted the dark look of Miranda Kerr's jacket, not the lighter look of Keira Knightley's.   So THEN I got on ASOS which had heaps of denim jackets at reasonable prices. And I also had a 20% off discount code, yay.  So I found two I liked, but one was a bit to light so I picked the darker one though I wasnt sure about the cut but it was the best I had found and it was $50 after my discount!  BUT THEN, this morning when I was on ASOS grabbing the photo of the jackets to put on my blog there was THE perfect jacket and it was only $39!!  Obviously it had moved out of someones bag overnight and so appeared back in stock - so I snapped it up and it is out of stock again :-).  Yay for perfect jacket.  But very sad face to the fact it was to late to cancel my other order, and I had wasted my one off 20% off code on that one as well.  So a bit of an expensive exercise, but I will either return the first one for a refund (so wasting the postage price and my discount code poooo) or will gift it to my Sister. 
The lighter wash one on ASOS that I loved the cut of but not the colour - it was $56

The one that I bought originally was $60 but $50 with discount

the one that I bought second, I love this cut better than the original one - $39

2 comments:

MrsG said...

I want a denim jacket too, so bad! I saw a few nice ones at French Connection!

ps. I'm on the fight against captcha tonight... be gone with it! it makes commenting hard :)

Everyday Girl said...

I just got on and had a look at French Connection, and the Radley denim jacket would of been perfect. I might see what quality the ASOS ones are when they turn up because of course they are about $100 cheaper than the Radley one. It would be worth investing $$ if it was the perfect good quality jacket through! I just fixed captcha on my comments, I didn't even realise it was activated :-). Blogger can be such a pain sometimes I hope they keep improving the format.

Post a Comment