Pages

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Magazine addict

I love magazines so much, it started when I was a kid growing up in an isolated outback town. My mum would always get Women's day and New idea so it started with that. Then I discovered the news agent and when I earnt pocket money it was spent on Girlfriend, Dolly, smash hits and tv hits. As an adult, the addiction hadn't changed but the magazine titles have :-). My favorites are Allure and Glamour both American magazines, I subscribe to these and recently they started releasing iPad issues for their magazines as part of the subscription! Yay, but to be honest because I know get a whole stack of other electronic magazines on my iPad I just wait for the hard copies to hit my mailbox to read them. During last years black Friday sales in America I discovered Zinio, which is a website/iPad app that provides magazine subscriptions including Australian and UK magazines :http://au.zinio.com/. I bought a years subscription to Elle, harpers bazaar and American cosmopolitan for ten dollars each! Then through their promotion scheme they awarded me $25 do I bought the uk glamour for $6! I'm so in love with Zinio :-) :-).

Reminiscing about my childhood makes me remember my obsession with the Trixie Beldon books:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trixie_Belden. I never got into Nancy Drew but I loved Trixie :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment