Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

DIY Gel Nails experiment update

So it has been a week since I DIY gel nails.  I used Luminail range, which I bought from Priceline for $99- in retrospect I really needed a starter kit because I had no idea what I was doing, but if I knew then what I know now I would of just bought the lamp of Ebay for $26 and the individual nail polishes.  The starter kit came with a lamp that was just pitiful - no way no day was that thing going to cure (dry) my nails. So my first attempt at DIY ended in disaster firstly I put to much polish on, I should of used it more sparingly and secondly the lamp did not cure my nails - what  a disaster!  After building up the courage again and regretting the day I decided that this was a good idea, I bought a much stronger lamp off ebay and tried again.  I also kept my nails under the lamp for an extra minute each curing time - perfecto! One week later I only have a small chip on one nail (which I am about to fix up).  I am in love with DIY gel nails.  Though I am not looking forward to getting the polish off eventually - eek that looks like a mission!  I think I will keep using this polish from the kit for awhile to get my moneys worth but I am looking forward to trying other DIY gel polishes - its a google heaven to find advice about it as well :-D.  Because I am not a beauty blogger and a lot of people have done tutorials here is a link to one: http://mzriio.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/luminail-review.html and my fav: http://www.still-blushful.com/2012/08/nail-of-day-notd-luminails-peruvian.html. Here is a pic of my nails previously posted when first done.

No comments:

Post a Comment