Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

'Frugality' otherwise know as I need more money for shopping

As our holiday gets closer and I need to save more for spending money, my budget is becoming tighter and tighter and soon my fashion allowance will be just a future dream.  So I am remembering my frugal ways of fulfilling my fashion obsession.  Over the last 6 months, I have kind of forgotten my frugal ways and spent WAY to much money on coffee, parking, lunches and other really poor financial decisions.  So this week I stopped buying coffee's and I stopped paying for parking.  Parking at work costs me $32 a week which is $128 a month.  So when I first returned to work, I thought bugger it I will pay $128 a month for parking, it means I dont have to walk back to my car several times a day to move it from the free parking to another free parking, although it only takes 10 minutes max to do that each time.  But after looking at my budget, its either $128 on parking or $128 to buy pretty things.  So I have begun moving my car again, I figure I am not wasting time going on coffee runs anymore (because I am not buying coffee) and I am not a smoker and I only take some of allocated lunch break usually anyway.  Plus its $128!!  Today my parking savings bought me this Lovisa necklace that was reduced to $9 from $39.99!!  And this week instead of surfing online shopping I am going to surf for frugal blogs - found a good article about beinga  frugal fashionista already:http://www.examiner.com/article/how-to-be-a-frugal-fashionista.  Though I have to admit, I have NEVER found anything at a thrift shop/charity store.  And I know I have donated some really good stuff occasionally so I am not sure where it ends up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post!!
GIVEAWAY GIFT CARD ZARA! http://loveclothesandthings.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/giveaway-zara.html

Post a Comment