Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

I am officially qualified to be a bag lady


Remember the Sex in the City episode where Carrie was at risk of being homeless as instead of buying a house she had bought a billion pair of shoes instead.  I think it was the little old lady who lived in her shoe episode :-).  Well thats me with bags.  Except minus the glamourous New York City background.  I have always appreciated a nice bag, and have been quite addicted to Mimco for over ten years.  But there was about 5 years where I really slowed down on the bag purchasing, I bought a beautiful One Teaspoon bag that ended up being my main bag for nearly 5 years - and as pictured in the photos it is still going strong!  Awesome quality, its such a shame she didn't do any more similar bags in the One Teaspoon range.







  So then after going through a long abstinence I bought a Mimco bag, and then I bought another Mimco bag, and then I bought another Mimco bag and then another one... four in the space of year!!  Then Mimco lost its lustre a bit in terms of the quality vs the price.  So I really like the colour block trend at the moment and I got an email from Colette Accessories that they were having 25% off their entire store:http://www.colettehayman.com.au/.  I always liked the bags in Colette Accessories but have never bought any because I didn't want to go down the path of having a lot of 'cheap' bags.  But with my baby I need a bag that I can stick a couple of nappies and a bottle in and I am good to go, and casual totes really seem to be working for me at the moment.  So I bought two extra large cross body bags, I bought two because if you bought over $50 it was free shipping so it worked out to be only $15 extra to buy another bag :-) a total of $52.50.  I bought online because we don't have a colette store where I live.  I was at first disappointed when I got my bags, they were pretty tiny even though they were described as extra large, and they are chains are not really long enough to be cross body - its a bit of a stretch.  But then I realised they were waterproof/baby spill proof and they fitted baby stuff in them just fine! YAY.  I was unsure about the leopard print one but now I love it, and it actually sold out within hours on the website so a lot of other girls must love it as well.

1 comment:

ramastar said...

I was looking at a few different tote bags from Colette too for a baby bag!

Post a Comment