Pages

Saturday 12 May 2012

I was a Skater girl...




I actually find the Avril Lavigne skater girl song highly annoying, however I am SO loving the skater dress trend at the moment.  This week I rewarded myself for sticking to my shopping ban, by shopping lol.  I have actually quite enjoyed the shopping ban as I have savoured every purchase, and I love love my choices.  After this allowance is exhausted I will be another shopping ban though (there may be some big purchases coming up in my near future to which I need to save my money for!).  Below is an Evil Princess dress in Emerald.  I bought this online from an Aussie site, I originally wanted this in black however it was sold out while I was pondering my purchase, it came in other colours but I was not so keen on them, so I stayed stalking the site in the hope the black came back in stock.  Then the emerald appeared late one night, $65 I knew it was going to be snapped up so I bought it immediately - and in the morning it was sold out! Yay, I would of been so disappointed if I had of missed out, I love this dress because its very sexy yet still conservative :-), the site did free express shipping as well!

I also bought from the same online shopping site, this purple dress with bows and a little collar.  I saw it but I had just been burnt by the ASOS sheer top fiasco so wanted to see if I could find it instore first.  I found it instore and loved it, not sheer at all ;-).  However, in one store it was 20 dollars more and in another store 30 dollars more!!! I am seriously prepared to buy instore for the sake of say $10 different.  I get that its important to sustain jobs in my local community, but the price differences are so significant it makes you wonder whats going on in the retail sector.  The online site sends the dress out free express shipping so they are making $30 to $40 dollars less then the stores - so that doesn't really explain the extra cost associated with instore staff wages and shop rental etc.  I find it frustrating as I really would prefer to support my local retail sector.  Anywhoo I have a pretty dress for $49.

No comments:

Post a Comment