Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Get fit and lose money

So I need to get fit.  I was lucky to bounce back straight away after having a baby, but 6 months later I haven't really had any time to do any exercise and I really want to get some tone back.  But all my exercise clothes are fairly old, like years old and you know what its like when you want to start a new exercise regime - you need some feel good gym clothes!  Clearly everyone does feel the same way, because sports wear is so expensive -yet every sports store I went in to was busy. I am still bemoaning the fact that I found a perfect pair of Adidas leggings last year in Melbourne at the Adidas Flagship shop and I walked away from them.  Foolishly I thought that I would just get them later - never to be seen again instore or online :-(. My First stop was Lorna Jane since it seems like all the girls I see exercising have Lorna Jane gear on, the store was busy and they definitely had nice stuff, but nothing jumped out at me and quite frankly the prices were eye watering!  They must make a mint!  I then did all the generic sport stores before I found two tops I liked at Rebel Sport that were $29.95 each.  At this point I realised that all the shorts I had were still fine and all I needed were a new pair of leggings and that would be do.  I am trying to save money, so splashing out on exercise gear isn't the wisest choice at the moment.



At home I got online and searched for ages trying to find a fun pair of sports leggings, I finally found a pair at Nike online that completely blew my budget at $90 + $7.95 shipping (it was free for over $100 but I couldn't afford to buy something just to save $7.95.  So hopefully when they arrive I LOVE these leggings cause they blew my budget big time.  Its totally scandalous how much sportswear costs, especially for a frugal person like me.  Now when I see people exercising I can distract myself from the task at hand by imagining how much their outfits cost :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment