Pages

Saturday 17 March 2012

The awesomeness of Gifts with Purchase

I never buy the big brand name products unless there is a Gift With Purchase (gwp) promotion on - Estée Lauder, Clarins and Clinique all do them. I've had in my wish list from Clinique - the black honey dual gloss and lipstick and the chubby stick lipstick. I have had the black honey lipstick on and off for about ten years, its true what they say about it - its a classic colour that suits pretty much everybody!  I havent had it for ages though so was well overdue for a new one.  I also really wanted to try the chubby pen lipsticks as I had heard rave reviews about them.  Myer's recently had the Clinique gwp promotion going on, so I purchased the dual gloss and the super strawberry chubby pen lipstick - both are awesome and I think I am hooked on the chubby stick lipstick. The gwp was an awesome haul, I got a great lipstick (rosette) and all about eyes which was the pick of a pretty good haul.


I recently ran out of my small Nars Orgasm in Multiple.  I bought this as part of Xmas pack two years ago that included Luxor and Laguna.  I went into Mecca Cosmetics to buy some more but couldnt commit to the $79 for the large Multiple.  But I love love love Nars Orgasm, so when I received an email from Mecca Cosmetics that offered free shipping, I had another look online and found the Love Rite set.  The Love Rite set includes the Orgasm blush in illuminator, two blushes and two lip glosses for $98.  I did get excited briefly when I got onto ASOS and found the set heaps cheaper, but of course when I went to purchase it, I was informed that the product could not be shipped to my address (POO).  I dont know why makeup is SO much cheaper overseas and not here - very frustrating!  but anyway I went forward with my purchase as you do when faced with no other option.  I am now on a makeup and skincare purchase ban as I have taken advantage of alot of generous GWP options and am now stocked up for about a billion years.

No comments:

Post a Comment