Pages

Sunday 15 April 2012

Got Lippy?

My three year old niece often asks me 'got Lippy?'. Even at three, a girl is already hooked on getting new lipsticks! I have a billion lipsticks/glosses, okay not a billion - but pretty close. I already bought new lippys recently and was happy with the purchases plus scored some nice ones in my Estée Lauder gift with purchases, so I really really did not need any new ones...at all...have I mentioned I am in a spending ban? Sooo recently I was in Priceline and saw that they were having a buy one get one free (bogof) for Revlon. And then I spotted the Revlon lip butters:http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Lips/Lipcolor/Revlon-ColorBurst-Lip-Butter.aspx. They had heaps of colors and I really should of done some research before making my choices but I guess that's why they call impulse buys, well impulse. I ended up choosing Peach Parfait: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=149653/ColorBurst-Lip-Butter-in-Peach-Parfait/Revlon/Lips and Berry Smoothie:http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=149340/Colorburst-Lip-Butter---Berry-Smoothie/Revlon/Lipstick. They were $21 each, but of course I got them as bogof. They definitely feel smooth and like a balm, the colors may not have been the best choice for me but they are okay and that's my own fault for buying them on impulse. At the end of the day, in my opinion, they are not worth twenty bucks each. Plus I really like Clinique chubby stick and Estée Lauder lipsticks so I won't be buying the lip butters again although I would recommend them :-). Though I may be going through lipsticks quicker than usual as I made the mistake over Summer in rolling up the lipstick to far in one of my MAC lipsticks and it broke off, and in another one I left it in my car and it melted - proper melted :-(.

No comments:

Post a Comment