Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Nailing the art of nails

I have spent a whole lifetime perfecting the fine art of doing my own nails. It's only in the last couple of years I have finally got the hang of it and can do an ok job. I have never been into fake nails or nail art, but recently stumbled upon Sally Hansen nail art strips: http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips, which were on sale for $11 at Priceline, so I thought why not have a go at trying these out :-). I bought the three packs from the limited edition Easter range: chirpy chicks, pink polka dots and plain pink. I put the chirpy chicks nails on for Easter, they were alot easier to put on then I thought they would be and I nailed (lol) them all first try. Basically you nail polish remove your nails to prep them, push your cuticles back with the cuticle stick provided, place the sticker on your nail and file the edges so it's smooth. While the packs are good if your on holidays etc and don't have access to a cuticle and file, it does seem a bit wasteful having them in every pack. I would imagine it would be alot cheaper if they just sold the stickers alone. At first I didn't really like the look of the nail art, I thought it was a bit tacky (even though it looked really good). But then it grew on me! I still think that the chirpy chicks print wasn't the best print so am keen to try the others. I also picked up two more prints, although I really want to try one of the full on glitter prints. When looking for pics online of the nail art I found heaps of great beauty blogs including reviews on Primped:http://primped.ninemsn.com.au/products-reviews/vip-review-club/hands-nails-vip-review-club/sally-hansen-salon-effects-nail-polish-strips and http://www.cosmeticcupcake.com/2012/04/easter-nails-sally-hansen-easter-salon.html. At at least $11 a pop it's a bit of an expensive hobby for me to pick up when I am on a serious spend ban but its also a cheap way to feel a bit cheerier :-). I also found on a beauty blog a cool way to wear the nail art by painting nails normally then cutting out things like love hearts in the glitter stickers and pasting them on. Unfortunately I didn't take not in what beauty blog I saw this so can't post a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment