Pages

Sunday 3 June 2012

Nearly shopping fail

I have been trying really hard to be conservative with my shopping!  I am avoiding shopping centres and clothing stores, and my shopping expenditure while still quite high is nowhere near the highs of late last year and early this year.  I have returned to work after maternity leave and am enjoying going through my work wardrobe again as its quite extensive.  A lot of my work wear I have not been able to wear for ten months+ due to pregnancy and maternity leave (I only took 5 months maternity leave from work). Unfortunately my white work shirts have not really survived being packed away for so long, some are fine but the white white ones are not white anymore they are yellow - but they were old as well so it is to be expected. One of the drawbacks of Cue clothing is that it is such awesome quality your basics like white shirts last far past their use by date, my poor yellowing white work shirts are still in perfect condition apart from their age!  The only other drawback of Cue clothing is of course the price!  I have tried to bleach them, but they just look like old bleached shirts!

So I really needed a new pristine white work shirt, I had previously blogged about one that I wanted from Cue, it was $110 and it was long sleeved. I really couldn't justify $110 and I also didn't want a long sleeved shirt, so I ventured into Portman's my back up work clothes store (actually SES and Valley Girl sometimes have some awesome cheap work pieces as well).  And yay they were having 30% off and yay I found a perfect work shirt! As pictured - I love,it was $69.95 full price but I got 30% off.  BUT I nearly had a shopping fail as I grabbed a skirt on the spur of the moment as I was waiting at the counter to pay for the shirt.  I got home and realised I have a billion skirts and I didn't need another one at all, so I took it back and got a refund.  Nearly a shopping fail....!

2 comments:

ramastar said...

That's very strong of you to take the skirt back, well done!

Everyday Girl said...

I know! My Hubby even said he liked it and I still took it back! I have way to many work skirts to justify another one, especially when I am only back at work part time anyway.

Post a Comment