Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

Nothing in life is free

So this month's Instyle magazine has a Modelco promotion where you get three 'free' Modelco products worth $92 for free.  The products don't look to bad for free, so even though I haven't bought an Instyle for ages I thought I would get one - until I saw the price!  They had upped the price four dollars for the promotion - um that means they are not 'free with magazine' since the magazine costs more than usual.  I did not buy it, quite frankly Modelco has became the kind of product associated only with freebies (for me) they are not worth '$92' to me and I feel miffed that they were trying to pull that kind of scam.  I was going to include a picture of the promotion but now I feel so mad like I was getting scammed I am not going to - next time suck it up Instyle and actually give away something for free with the purchase of your magazine - at the normal price!  As you can tell by my rant, I am so annoyed by this! Maybe I should of sucked it up and paid the $4 but it made me frown, which causes wrinkles which makes me mad.

On a lighter note I am still on a lookout for an awesome pair of sunnies, much to my husbands distress I am still liking Raybans but not the classic Wayfarer - a more buggy looking pair.  Because I still want a coloured pair but cannot justify buying an expensive pair especially when I am on a spending ban. I bought two pairs off Ebay for $3.99 each (dark and light blue), now I know that they are cheap sunnies - but $3.99 free postage - wouldn't postage cost more than $3.99? Sometimes I don't know how these people turn a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment